Africa Linguistics : Kiswahili lessons
I have received several requests for language lessons in African languages. Here’s some that I have found for Kiswahili, I’ll do more for other languages as I have time. I’ve added a list of books at the end of this post and you’ll find them all in the SocioLingo Africa bookstore (US) under the Linguistics Africa category.
The Kamusi Project maintains the following resources:
- The Internet Living Swahili Learning Center online curriculum
- Swahili Pronunciation Guide, a multimedia online guide to Swahili speech
- Kiswahili Grammar Notes, a comprehensive instructional text
- Swahili Songs and Poetry
- The Swahili Discussion Forum, including a student section
Mwana Simba is a comprehensive site with some language learning materials as well as songs, proverbs, puzzles etc
On-line Kiswahili course: KIKO – Kiswahili kwa Kompyuta (year 2)
- (accompanies the book above)
2 Responses to “Africa Linguistics : Kiswahili lessons”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Teddy Chenya, SocioLingo Africa. SocioLingo Africa said: [Blog Post] Africa Linguistics : Kiswahili lessons http://toast.tw/100bjs [...]
Please change any current links to the Kamusi Project from http://www.yale.edu/swahili to our new site: